Offering Tele-services throughout the State of California!
I work with couples regarding different ways to solve issues than can shake the foundation of marriage. Moreover, I will explain how every person has certain values, beliefs and expectations and it's not necessary that your expectations and values match those of your partners. This difference may result in conflicts disturbing the relationship between a couple. Thus, premarital counseling helps by making one understand the expectations of one's partner before marriage, thereby, minimizing the gaps in communication and understanding before marriage.
Often, people jump into marriage assuming that after marriage their emotional, sexual, social and sometimes financial needs will be taken care of. However, if the person does not get what he or she expects from his or her spouse, chaos is created in marriage. Conflicts arise, which lead to hatred and then divorce. This is why pre-marriage counseling is important. During these counseling sessions, couples are made aware of the probable causes of conflicts and their solutions.
Benefits of Premarital Counseling
I will help identify the degree of resources and support available to the couple such as, information about partner, stress management skills, goals, values, relationship skills, etc.
Preparing for Premarital Counseling
Preparing for marriage involves much more than merely arranging for a wedding party or shopping for the wedding dress. It involves understanding the implications of entering a lifetime covenant.
During pre-marriage counseling I will seek information regarding overall planning after marriage, relationships and financial information. To help you get a better idea, here are a few sample premarital counseling questions, that can be asked during a counseling session. The actual questionnaire contains more questions, related to the particular category, however, the gist of the premarital counseling questions will be similar to the list below.
Questions on Planning After Marriage
- How much time would you spend with your family daily?
- How do you plan to distribute domestic work between the two of you?
- Have you prepared a budget for after the marriage?
Questions on Relationship
- Do you feel happy when you spend time with your partner?
- Are you willing to sign a prenuptial agreement?
- Any behavioral change you expect from your partner?
- Do you think you can maintain a sound sexual and emotional relationship with your partner?
Questions on Financial Information
- Are you in any kind of debt? How have you planned to repay it?
- Are you medically insured?
- Have you made any investments?